Are you worried about wearing your short skirt to your upcoming birthday party? Are you tired of regularly shaving your underarms, sick of waxing your bikini lines, and fed up with plucking hair follicles? If so, I need your attention as
You can easily get rid of shaving, waxing, and plucking by switching to laser hair removal.
Undoubtedly, it has become the popular choice due to its super amazing results and low maintenance properties. If you are one of those wise decision-makers who’ve made their way to Laser hair removal, you’ll enjoy this reading as we have wrapped up all the necessary steps you need to take before starting laser hair removal treatment.
Steps to Do Before Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal can gradually lead all types of skin to permanent hair reduction. It is different from waxing and shaving, where you go to a salon and get it done in one go.
Laser hair removal takes 3-6 sessions, depending on your hair growth rate as you decide to get the treatment. Start your preps as soon as possible by following these 6 steps.
1) Schedule a Consultation
Unlike a cosmetic procedure, laser hair removal begins with consulting a professional regarding your skin type. In this regard, licensed and qualified hair removal specialists in London with years of experience provide the best consultation.
In this first meeting, the consultant takes all the necessary information to proceed with the treatment. The information involves:
- Your medical history
- The medication you’re currently taking
- Evaluation of your skin sensitivity
- The goals of your treatment
- The number of required sessions for youThis consultation visit usually lasts for 10-20 minutes, where you get all the necessary details about the treatment and how it works.
2) Ask Out Your Queries
Consultation is the best time to ask for your laser hair removal treatments freely. Once the technician is done asking questions, take your turn.
You can ask about:
- All the precautions required for your skin
- The degree of effectiveness for your skin to set your expectations accordingly.
- Any possible side effects for your skin type
- How to minimize the side effects
3) Make Your Mind for the Treatment
After having in-person consultation, you receive all the crucial details and the outcomes. Now take your time to step forward. Never push yourself. Rethink the following questions:
- Can you afford this treatment?
- Are you committed to attending all the required sessions?
- Are you ready to hold yourself accountable for minor side effects that appear for now?
If the answer is yes, GO AHEAD!
4) Follow Pre-treatment Orders
Your instructor will provide you with some perquisites necessary to follow for permanent hair reduction. Make sure you follow all those orders to enhance the effectiveness of your treatment. These pre-treatment orders apply before 6 weeks of your treatment. The orders involve the following.
- Not using any skincare product composed of strong ingredients
- Avoid waxing, plucking, or bleaching
- Avoid tanning or using tanning products
5) Tasks to Do in the Days Just Before Your Treatment
There are certain tasks today in the days immediately leading to your treatment. The major tasks are:
- Take a picture of the area to compare results
- Shave just a day before your treatment
- Take a shower just before your treatment
- Clean and dry the area thoroughly
- Avoid using moisturizers or lotion
6) Mentally Prepare Yourself
Bear in mind that it will not be a completely painless process. It may cause minor discomfort. Make sure you are 100% convinced to take this treatment.