Breast Implants, also known as augmentation mammoplasty are one of the most common cosmetic procedures used to enhance breast size. This is a great way to improve your physical appearance, adjusting the uneven breasts, shaping them after the pregnancy or reconstructing them after a mastectomy.
But, before you reach the decision to get a breast implant, it is important to know a few things. A lot of questions may be running through your mind, such as why you need this cosmetic procedure, what is its recovery time, if you are the right candidate and what precaution you need to take after getting it done. Being well-informed will help you to make a better decision and recover properly after the augmentation process. Therefore, in this blog post, we have provided all the necessary information. So, if you want answers to all your queries, read on.
Why do you need to go for the breast augmentation procedure?
As mentioned above, they help in the reconstruction of the breasts. Do you know that reconstructive surgery is done in order to reduce the risks of breast cancer? Although, the cosmetic procedure is not a part of any treatment and is usually done for aesthetic purposes. On the other hand, breast augmentation comes under cosmetic surgery. A study found out that cosmetic surgery resulted in improved self-esteem and emotions about women’s sexuality.
What makes you the right candidate?
This cosmetic procedure depends on individual examination. You need to take care of a few things which include:
- Having a good overall health with no infections, untreated cancer, or any other illness.
- You should not be addicted to alcohol, as this surgery is going to change your appearance, it is crucial to be in a healthy frame of mind.
- If you have the patience to rest and cover the recovery period post-surgery.
- For the saline implants, you should be at least 18 years old. And, if you want to have silicone implants you should be 22.
What is the Recovery Time?
The recovery time lasts from 6 weeks to 8 weeks. During the procedure, you are given anesthesia and post-surgery are transferred to the recovery room. During the first 3-5 days you are more likely to experience some discomfort. As mentioned here at https://silhouetteplasticsurgery.com/procedures/breast/breast-augmentation/ the discomfort can vary from patient to patient. However, it can be minimized with the help of the medications and candidates can get back to the activity after 5-7 days. i
What precautions should you take post-surgery?
- Wear the right bra: Do not switch to the traditional bra after the recovery. But instead, wear the recovery bras and follow your doctor’s instructions. This will manage the pain and swelling.
- Care for your incisions:. Wear a bandage and apply ointment according to the instructions of the surgeon.
- Take your medication: Medications are very important during the first week. Do not skip, as they will help you to be comfortable.
- Wear loose clothes: Wear clothes that are not body hugging so that you can breathe properly.
We hope that the information above has helped you in getting an idea about breast augmentation. Everyone has different physical health and it is totally your personal decision to have this surgery or not. But, always remember to have realistic expectations and consult the medical experts.