Our lower back is one of the most essential areas of the body. It is an extremely important place as it allows movement for both the upper and the lower body. It also helps maintain posture. Chiropractic care for this purpose provides various exercises and therapies to strengthen the lower back. This is because they are more commonly prone to damage and pain during accidents or falls. Our lower back needs to be protected. For this purpose, we have mentioned below 10 exercises to help you strengthen the lower back.
- Lie on the ground keeping both arms on the sides.
- Bend your knees and place them a bit apart.
- Form a straight line from your shoulders to your knees by raising your hips above the ground.
- Ensure that your feet are on the ground level.
- Squeeze your hips with the help of your shoulders.
- Repeating this 15 times in 3 sets is beneficial as it strengthens the lower back immensely and also helps improve posture.
- Bend your knees and keep your feet on level with the ground after laying down.
- Roll your bent knees to one side while keeping your shoulders on the ground.
- Hold it for 5-10 seconds.
- Return to your first position.
- Repeat the same on the other side.
- Performing this exercise is common in chiropractic treatment as it strengthens the lower back immensely.
- While keeping your arms on the side, lie down and keep your knees bent.
- Take deep breaths.
- Pull the belly button towards the spin while exhaling while keeping your hips still.
- Hold this position for 5 seconds while tightening your abdominal muscles.
- Repeat this 5 times.
- This exercise is immensely helpful in providing stability to the spine and the lower back region.
- Lie down on your back.
- Keep both your feet planted on the floor and bend your knees.
- Pull one knee towards your chest while using both your hands.
- Stay for 5 seconds in this position.
- Repeat the same with the other side once you return to the first step.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day using both legs.
- Taking the help of a chiropractic care professional is helpful as they will provide you with suitable methods.
Lateral Leg Lifts
- Keeping your legs together, lie down on one side.
- Slightly bend the leg that is on the lower side.
- To engage the core muscles, draw your belly button towards your spine.
- Keeping your leg straight and stretched, raise it.
- This position should be held for 2 seconds.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Repeat the exercise with the other leg.
- Perform 3 sets using each leg.
- This will ensure that the muscles surrounding your legs and pelvis area are stretched and strengthened.
- Keep your knees bent, and both arms on the sides and lie down on a flat surface.
- Push your stomach out while gently arching your lower back.
- Relax after 5 seconds staying in the position.
- Pull your belly button towards the ground while flattening your back.
- Stay for 5 seconds in this position.
- Increase the number you perform this exercise daily. The optimum number to repeat this exercise is 30. However, you should reach this number slowly.
- This is a common exercise that is used in various chiropractic treatments.
- Lie down facing your face towards the ground.
- Stretch both arms in front of your body while keeping your legs stretched and flat on the ground.
- Keeping a distance of 6 inches, raise your arms and legs from the ground.
- Try lifting your belly button by pushing it towards the inside.
- Stretch as far as possible.
- Return to the original position after holding this position for 2 seconds.
- 10 times, is the ideal time for this exercise to be repeated.
- This exercise is helpful to maintain good posture and strengthen the muscles.
- Keep your knees apart and get onto your knees and hands.
- Pull your belly button towards your spine by arching your back.
- Allow your abdomen to sag towards the floor while slowly relaxing your muscles.
- Take the first position again.
- Repeat this exercise every day for 3-5 times.
- Taking help from a chiropractic care professional is beneficial to know proper methods and techniques that can be used to strengthen your lower back.
- Keeping your feet flat and apart on the ground, lie on a flat surface while bending your knees.
- Keep your hands crossed over your chest.
- Take deep breaths.
- Use the abdominal muscles by pulling them towards the subject while exhaling out air.
- While keeping your neck in line with the spine, gently raise your heads and shoulders.
- Keep a distance of at least 2 inches.
- Perform 3 sets and repeat the exercises 10 times.
- This exercise is useful in keeping your hips properly aligned and strengthening your lower back.
- This will also help improve stability and balance.
- Keeping your feet flat on the floor, sit straight on a chair without arms.
- Keep your hips square and your spine tall. Twist your core towards the right.
- Place your hands on your knees or hold them behind your head to stretch the muscles in your back and hip area.
- Repeat the exercise on the left side after holding the position for 10 seconds.
- Performing this exercise twice a day, and 3-5 times on each side is beneficial.
- This exercise is immensely helpful in providing strength to the muscles of the lower back. It also helps to make the core muscles strong.
These are just some of the many exercises one should perform daily to strengthen their lower back. Strengthening the lower back is important as it allows us to maintain proper posture and controls a lot of our body movements. We also have to protect them against injuries. Chiropractic treatment includes many exercises that help to strengthen the lower back. Referring to a chiropractor or a professional trainer is a great idea for people to perform these exercises in the right way without causing injuries like sprains and strains.
Feel free to follow the map below for the best chiropractic treatment centre.